Lemon Crêpes Recipe
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Resting time for the batter: 2 hours
Cooking time: Less than an hour
For 20 crêpes
For the crêpe batter
- 250 g (9 oz.) flour
- 120 g (4 oz.) butter
- 50 g (2 oz.) sugar
- 1 package of vanilla sugar
- 6 eggs
- 600 ml (2 1/2 cups) milk
For the lemon cream
- 2 unsprayed lemons
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 60 g (2 oz.) butter
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla sugar, flour and 200 ml (3/4 cup) milk to form a smooth batter. Add the remaining milk and melted butter.
- Cover with a towel and let rest for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Cook the crêpes for 1 minute on each side. Keep hot, covered with aluminum foil.
- Zest the lemons and chop the zest very finely. Squeeze the juice from the lemons.
- In a saucepan, combine the lemon juice and zest, sugar and eggs.
- Heat, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Off the heat, stir in the butter. Set the lemon curd aside until just before serving.
- Serve the crêpes plain with the lemon curd on the side.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips