Prep. time: A few minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Waiting time: 1 hour
Usually the perfect lemonade is made with lemons but you can make it with limes or a mix if you prefer.
Prepare Simple Syrup in advance and refrigerate until ready to use. The secret of a perfect lemonade is in the syrup so you do not find un-dissolved sugar on the bottom of the pitcher!
You can reduce the sugar to 3/4 cup, if desired or use sugar substitute if you are diabetic.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and water. Boil for 5 minutes, without stirring. Sugar should be entirely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool before using.
- In a large pitcher, combine freshly-squeezed lemon juice from the 6 lemons and cold Simple Syrup.
- Add water, lemon slices, and ice cubes; stir until well blended.
- Refrigerate approximately 1 hour before serving.
Serve in tall glasses over ice.
Hints & Tips