Prep.: 8 minutes
Cooking time: 16 minutes
Toast the nuts to give a lightly grilled flavor by cooking the hazelnuts in a hot skillet for 5 minutes.
Tip from Casa Azzurra
Gorgonzola and mascarpone blend is an Italian specialty that pairs the creaminess of mascarpone with the assertive flavor of gorgonzola. The mascarpone tames the piquant taste of the gorgonzola and makes it perfect for making sauces.
- Preheat the oven to 210° C / 425° F.
- Remove the stems from the sage and chop the sage leaves finely. Coarsly crush the hazelnuts.
- Cook the macaroni in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
- In a bowl, combine the macaroni with the diced gorgonzola & mascarpone.
- Add the chopped sage and half the crushed hazelnuts, then correct the seasoning.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and place in the oven for 6 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with the remaining hazelnuts and serve hot.
Photo and recipe in collaboration with Casa Azzura, Italian distributor of gorgonzola and mascarpone cheeses
Hints & Tips