Prep. time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 to 50 minutes
Waiting time: 15 to 20 minutes
Replace the mango with other fruits, and the plain yogurt with a vanilla yogurt to lend variety to this dessert. Try also the Probio orange/mandarin.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F). 1. Peel and pit the mangoes. Cut the flesh in trips.
- Grease and sprinkle with sugar the bottom of a round 23 cm (9 in) cake mould. Arrange the mango strips on the bottom of the mould.
- In a bowl, using a hand mixer, whip the butter with the sugar until the mixture whitens and becomes bubbly.
- Add the eggs and beat for a few seconds, then add the yogurt and mix well.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
- With a wooden spoon, add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, mixing until well incorporated; pour over the mango strips.
- Cook in the oven approximately 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out completely dry. Remove and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place a serving plate over the top of the cake mould and flip over to turn out of the mould so that the fruit appears on top of the cake. Serve warm or cold.
Have you tried IÖGO yet? This yogurt with a dancing trema accent in its name is the new way to say yogurt in Canada. For your favorite recipes, there’s nothing like Greko, a wonderfully thick and smooth Greek yogurt – plus it’s 0% fat for those watching their figure and thinking cardio!
Hints & Tips