Cooking time: 65 to 75 minutes
Cooling time: 4 hours
Have you tried duBreton bacon? It's a Canadian delicacy that tempts your tastebuds with a definite call for more, organic bacon prepared without nitrites, nitrates, artificial ingredients, colors or chemicals. Bacon with an authentic taste. You'll certainly love it for breakfast or in a BLT, but why not go a little further and try this delicious sweet and salty dessert?
Before cooking, lay the springform pan on top of a baking sheet to prevent a mess.
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and butter.
- Press graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a 22 cm / 9” springform pan. Place pan in fridge until filling is completed.
- In a stand mixer, combine cream cheese and sour cream and beat until fully mixed.
- Add maple syrup and sugar and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until well combined after each addition.
- Add 85 ml / 1/3 cup of the crumbled bacon and mix until fully combined, set remaining aside.
- Once filling is fully mixed, pour on top of the graham cracker base.
- Bake for approximately 65 to 75 minutes until the top is beginning to crack and edges are pulling away from the side.
- Let cool to room temperature and place in the fridge uncovered for 4 hours or more.
- Top with remaining crumbled bacon.
Hints & Tips