Maryland Crabmeat Cannelloni with Leeks and Saffron Scented Sauce Recipe
Total time: 1hr to 2hrPreheat the oven at 200° C. (400° F)
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
Try preparing the cannelloni with crêpes instead of pasta.
Ingredients for 8 servings
- 500 g (18 oz.) jumbo lump Crabmeat
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) diced blanched Leeks
- 100 ml (6 tbsp.) Béchamel sauce
- 20 g (2/3 oz.) fresh chopped tarragon
- Salt, pepper and cayenne
- 8 crêpes or cooked pasta sheets
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) heavy cream + 125 ml (1/2 cup) water
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) lobster stock flavored with tarragon and Saffron
- 80 g (1/3 cup) butter to whisk into the lobster stock
- + 20 g (4 tsp.) to sauté the spinach
- 50 g (2 tbsp.) Parmigiano Reggiano
- 300 g (10 oz.) spinach
- 8 sprigs of tarragon and some diced tomato for garnish
- Combine the crabmeat with the warm béchamel sauce, leeks and tarragon. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Place 1/8 of the crabmeat mixture onto each pasta sheet and roll into a tight cannelloni.
- Place the cannelloni side by side in a deep ovenproof dish. Pour a mixture of half cream and half water into the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle the grated cheese over top.
- Place the cannelloni into a preheated 200° C (400° F) oven and bake for approximately 10-15 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Sauté the leaf spinach in butter, season with salt and pepper and place in the centre of a warm serving dish.
- Place the cannelloni on top of the spinach. Garnish with a tarragon sprig and some diced tomato. Carefully spoon the saffron-scented lobster jus around it.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips