Mashed Potatoes with Oil Recipe
A recipe from Philippe Chavent of La Tour Rose in Lyon
- 1 kg (2 1/4 lb.) potatoes
- Milk, cream
- Coarse salt and a pinch of saffron
- 100 ml (6 tbsp) olive oil
- Peel the potatoes, place them in a saucepan, cover with milk, season with coarse salt and cook over medium heat; drain, reserving the milk.
- Take a ladleful of the milk used for cooking; place it in a small saucepan, add 1 tbsp. cream and a pinch of saffron. Bring to a boil and leave to infuse.
- Put the potatoes through a food mill. Blend in the hot saffron-infused milk and cream mixture to create a smooth purée.
- Whisk in the olive oil. Correct the seasoning.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2021. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips