Meatballs with Olives and Walnuts Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
You could serve the meatballs with fondue-style sauces: béarnaise, tartare, bourguignon, barbecue or a lightly-spiced tomato sauce.
For 4 servings
- 400 g (14 oz.) ground sirloin
- 50 g (2 oz.) pitted green olives
- 50 g (2 oz.) walnut halves
- 1 egg
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 g (2 Tbsp.) flour
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- a pinch of quatre-épices (four spice powder)
- salt and pepper
- Peel the onion and garlic.
- In a blender, process together the walnuts, olives, garlic and onion. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef with the egg and the olive-walnut mixture.
- Season with salt, pepper and quatre-épices.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out small amounts of the mixture and form into balls.
- Place the flour in a deep dish. Gently roll the meatballs in the flour, tapping off the excess.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Brown the meatballs on all sides for 7 minutes over high heat, shaking the pan often.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve the meatballs hot with a well-dressed salad or mashed vegetable.
More recipe ideas
Photo: Laurent Rouvrais /CIV
Hints & Tips