Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: A few seconds
TARTARE CAPRESE ALLA MOZZARELLA FIOR DI LATTE
You can add the pesto directly to the diced tomato before mixing the tartare. You can also add Parmigiano Reggiano shavings onto the tomatoes.
This recipe was made with Casa Azzurra mozzarella, made according to a 100% natural traditional recipe using lactic ferments. Its milky flavor and whiteness give it a unique taste and perfect consistency.
- In an ungreased pan, toast the pine nuts for a few moments, then cool them.
- Cut the Black Crimea and Beefsteak tomatoes into small dice. Combine them and add 10 g pine nuts. Season.
- Cut the Green Zebra tomato into slices.
- In a blender, combine the basil leaves, remaining pine nuts, garlic, parmesan and oil. Blend for 30 seconds, then season the pesto.
- Cut the mozzarella balls into slices.
- Place a slice of Green Zebra tomato in the centre of each plate, then add a slice of mozzarella and a tablespoonful of the diced tomatoes.
- Add another mozzarella slice and layer of diced tomatoes. Serve with the fresh pesto.
Photo and recipe with the kind assistance of Casa Azzura
Hints & Tips