Preparation time: 15 minutes
Resting time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
To flavor and color the choux pastry, you can add some fig jam or small pieces of fig.
To make it easier to serve these puffs at a party, prepare them with the fig jam in advance. Place a kitchen towel over them to keep them from drying out. Fill at the last minute.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).
- Prepare the choux pastry: pour the milk into a bowl, add the eggs, salt and butter. Whisk in the tapioca. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Form the batter into small mounds on an oiled baking sheet, then bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend the foie gras with the cream; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the filling to a piping bag and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Once the puffs are cooked, remove them from the oven and let cool slightly, then slice them horizontally about two-thirds of the way up.
- Place a little fig jam into the bottoms of the puffs, to taste, then fill with the foie gras cream; replace the tops.
- Serve immediately.
Hints & Tips