Cooking time: Under 30 minutes
It is important to sweat the Swiss chard stalks for a long time before deglazing with vinegar and adding the veal jus, so as to bring out all their characteristic flavors.
Don't forget to add the melted foie gras fat to the sauce, which will give it added depth.
- Remove the stalks from the Swiss chard leaves, blanch them well, refresh under cold water and drain;
- Wrap the foie gras escalopes in the greens, season and set aside. The stalks should be peeled, sliced, steamed and set aside.
- Steam the escalopes for 6 to 8 minutes; meanwhile, sauté the Swiss chard stalks in butter, deglaze with the vinegar, add the veal jus, parsley and foie gras fat.
- Arrange the stalks with their jus on warmed plates and straddle two of the escalopes across the centre.
- Season with the "fleur de sel" and coarsely cracked pepper.
An original recipe from Stéphane Raimbault,
of L'Oasis in La Napoule
Hints & Tips