Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Mirabelle plums join with flowers and spices to perform a feat of gymnastics in this impressive dessert.
In France's Lorraine region, this dessert might be served with oubliés, a traditional local pastry specialty.
- Over low heat, cook the mirabelles with the sugar until they break down slightly. Purée in a blender.
- Keep the coulis warm, then infuse in it 2 saffron pistils. Set aside.
- Roast the whole mirabelle plums lightly with a knob of butter.
- Pour the coulis into a wide-rimmed dessert bowl and top with a rose petal.
- Place the mirabelles atop two parallel chopsticks placed across the bowl.
Photo and collaboration: Canetti Conseil
Styling: Claire Blancherie
Shopping: APILCO plate
Hints & Tips