Red Mullet with Penja Pepper and Chard Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
For 4 servings
- 4 fillets of red mullet
- 4 ribs of Swiss chard
- 2 zucchini
- 4 zucchini flowers
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Flat-leaf parsley
- Rice flour
- 1 egg yolk
- Oil for frying
- Prepare the chard: separate the ribs from the green part. Using a small pointed knife, remove the thin membrane covering the ribs. Steam at 65° C (130° F) or in a pressure cooker - allow about 10 minutes once the cooker starts to hiss.
- Cut each rib the same size as the mullet fillet.
- Cut the zucchini into little oval balls, leaving the skin on one side, and cook in boiling water with a pinch of salt.
- Combine the rice flour and egg yolk with a little water to make a fairly thin batter.
- Dip the herbs and mesclun into the batter and fry at 150° C (300° F). Keep warm, uncovered.
Finishing and presentation
- Cook the red mullet, skin side down, for a few minutes. Remove from the skillet once the flesh loses its transparency.
- Place a chard rib on each plate. Season with olive oil and a pinch of thyme.
- Heat the zucchini in a little pesto, then arrange around the fish. Allow at least 3 zucchini balls per plate.
- Add the fried herbs and zucchini flower.
- Add a grinding of pepper on the fish. Serve hot.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips