Nectarine Gazpacho with Gingerbread and Basil Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Preparation time: Under 10 minutes
Cooking time: None
For 4 servings
- 4 nectarines
- 1 tomato
- juice of 1 lemon
- 16 sprigs of basil
- 2 slices of pain d'épice (French gingerbread)
- 1/2 tsp. sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Peel the nectarines over a blender container; pit and coarsely chop them.
- Add the quartered, seeded tomato, lemon juice and half the well-washed basil leaves.
- Blend everything for 30 seconds.
- Add the sherry vinegar and olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend again for a few seconds and place the container in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, quickly blend the gazpacho again and pour into large glasses.
- Top with some crumbled gingerbread and 2 small basil leaves for garnish.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips