Onion Soup with Chèvre and Christmas Beer Recipe
Flavors of Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
For 4 servings
- 25 g butter
- 7 onions, minced
- 250 ml Christmas beer
- 1500 ml / 6 cups chicken broth low in fat
- 8 slices of baguette (french bread)
- 180 g goat cheese
- 1 bouquet garni (parsley, thyme, laurel)
- salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, sauté the onions with the beer until golden.
- Add the bouquet garni, then the beer.
- Incorporate the chicken broth, season, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes over low heat.
- Lightly toast the slices of baguette. Top them with the chèvre and gratiné in the oven under the broiler.
- Cut the bread into small squares.
- Serve the soup with the croutons.
This soup is delicious at any time, but especially good with Christmas beer when in season.
More recipe ideas
Photo and collaboration : Jenlain, Brasserie Duyck since 1922
Hints & Tips