Orange Mousse Recipe
Total time: more than 2 hours
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: Very fast – a few minutes
Refrigeration time: 2 hours
For 4 servings
- 250 ml (1 cup) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 eggs
- 100 g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 3 sheets of gelatin or 1 1/2 packages
- 4 mint leaves (or other garnish)
- A pinch of salt
- Pour a third of the juice into a saucepan and heat over low heat.
- Off the heat, melt the gelatin in the warm orange juice – if using sheets, it should first be softened in cold water and drained. Add the remaining orange juice.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until thick and pale. Blend in the cooled orange juice mixture.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt and gently fold into the orange mixture.
- Divide the mousse among individual glasses. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or longer.
- Garnish with a mint leaf just before serving.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips