Ostrich Filet Mignon with Green Peppercorns and Mandarins Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutesPreparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
If you're not counting calories, whisk some butter into the sauce at the last minute to make it creamy.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 4 Ostrich filet mignons, 140 g / 5 oz. each
- A little olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 2-3 tbsp. green peppercorns
- 1 can of Mandarin and Tangerines
- Sear the filet mignons in a skillet over high heat; turn half-way through, allowing about 2 minutes per side depending on the thickness, though they're best served rare;
- remove from the pan and keep warm.
- deglaze the skillet with white wine;
- drain the mandarins, adding the juice to the pan with the wine;
- add the green peppercorns and reduce the sauce by half;
- place the filets on individual plates; spoon the sauce and mandarin segments on top;
- serve with a little potato pancake.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips