Prep. time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 3 minutes
Cooling time: 2 hours
You can substitute agar agar for the gelatin (4 g is enough to set the cream).
Tip from Casa Azzurra (ricotta distributor)
This is a classic dessert revisited with the lightness of ricotta. Citrus is an essential in Italian recipes, particularly in Sicilian dishes.
- Wash and zest the oranges.
- Bring the 100 ml cream to a boil.
- Immerse the gelatin leaves in a bowl of cold water to soften them, then drain. Combine them with the hot cream, then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining cream, orange zest, ricotta and sugar. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into 6 glass dishes and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Peel the oranges, removing all the pith, and cut out the segments.
- Bring the water and honey to a boil. Reduce until syrupy.
- Combine the syrup with the orange segments; refrigerate.
- Just before serving, place a few orange segments into the glass dishes of panna cotta.
Hints & Tips