Hake en Papillote with Blue Cheese Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
The leeks could be flavored with a number of spices. For example, at the beginning of the cooking time, add 2 juniper berries.
You could also add the cooked leeks into the papillotes before placing them in the oven for more flavor.
use a can of diced tomatoes
For 4 servings
- 4 portions of hake or cod, about 100 g / 3 1/2 oz. each
- 170 g (5 oz.) blue cheese (suggestion: Bresse Bleu)
- 2 tomatoes
- 800 g (1 lb. 12 oz.) leek whites
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 bunch of parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).
- Halve the leek whites lengthwise and wash well (there is always some soil lodged between the layers in the center). Slice thinly. Sauté in olive oil for 15 minutes over medium heat, sitrring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cut 4 - 20 cm squares of parchment paper. Place a portion of fish in the center of each one. Season lightly with pepper.
- Quarter, seed and dice the tomatoes. Cut the blue cheese into slices. Divide the tomatoes, cheese and parsley over the fish portions.
- Close up the papillotes and place them on a baking sheet. Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Serve the papillotes immediately, with the leek fondue.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips