Mona Lisa potatoes are characterized by their even round shape. The flesh and skin are yellow. Sold from August through March, they are perfect for many kinds of culinary preparations since the flesh stands up to all kinds of cooking.
- Peel the potatoes; using an apple corer, cut tubes out of the length of the potato.
- Cut each tube into slices about 2 cm (3/8") thick; with a small corer, remove the center of each slice.
- Once they are hollow, place the slices in the oven at 70 °C / 140 °F for 20 minutes to soften.
- Cook the tomatoes with the garlic.
- Toast the cayenne pepper in a dry skillet and add to the tomatoes. Whir in a blender and add salt and sugar to taste.
- Place the eggs in a thermomix or food processor with the garlic ;purée.
- With the machine running, gradually drizzle in the oil to make the aioli.
- Fry the potatoes in very hot olive oil until golden brown.
- Drain and place on a serving platter.
- Fill first with the Brava sauce and then with the aioli.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley to serve.
Hints & Tips