Pea and Leek Soup with Mint and Tapioca Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 15 min.
You can add cubes of camembert and fried bacon bits.
For 4 servings
- 4 Tbsp. large minute tapioca
- green and red food coloring
- 150 g (5 oz.) shelled green peas
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 4 Tbsp. unsweetened evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped mint
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- salt to taste
- oven-toasted baguette rounds
- Reblochon cheese
- 4 slices of bacon
- Bring 750 ml (3 cups) water to a boil with a few drops of food coloring.
- Sprinkle in the tapioca, stirring regularly, and leave until totally colored.
- Drain the tapioca and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Clean and chop the leeks.
- Cook the leeks with the peas in unsalted water, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, season with salt and cumin and blend until very creamy.
- Strain to remove any bits of skin from the vegetables.
- Add the unsweetened evaporated milk and chopped mint and blend gently.
- Season with cilantro, salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the baguette rounds with reblochon and heat in the oven for 2 minutes.
- Chop the bacon slices and cook in a skillet.
- Place some tapioca in the bottom of glass bowls, add the soup and combine.
- Place the croutons and bacon on top of the soup.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips