Preparation time: 15 minutes
Resting time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 1 hour
This is an extra velvety pie. The wonderful combination of peaches and pears is a silky delight in your mouth.
Comments and recipe from Josée Fiset, for Première Moisson
Prepare the filling before the crust. The preparation time for the latter will allow the sugar, cornstarch and fruits to combine better before cooking.
Tip from Dominique Boué of Première Moisson
- In a bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon.
- Add the flour and salt without overworking.
- Form into a ball with your hands, mixing very little - about 1 minute.
- Let the pastry rest in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes - it shouldn't harden.
- In a bowl, thoroughly combine all the ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).
- Place the pastry in the center of the pie plate then spread it out evenly with your fingers, working from the center toward the edges.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on the pastry and cover with 2 cups dried beans to prevent the pastry from bubbling up during baking.
- Bake on the lower rack of the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and remove the beans and parchment.
- Pour the filling into the pastry. Bake for another 50-60 minutes or until the crust is golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool at room temperature before serving.
- Heat the apple jelly without boiling.
- Brush the jelly over the top of the pie when you take it out of the oven to give it a nice shine.
Première Moisson is Quebec's largest artisanal bakery.
Hints & Tips