Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
To give more flavor to your gratin, consider cooking the pasta in vegetable broth.
To keep the broccoli and tender and green, drain as soon as it comes to a boil, and immerse in ice water.
To vary the pleasure, you could substitute salmon for the chicken.
*Basil concentrate is sold in a tube. You can also make your own by puréeing basil leaves with a few drops of olive oil in a mortar or food processor. Make a larger quantity and keep in the fridge, adding a pinch of fleur de sel and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water. Drain and set aside.
- Place the broccoli into a large pot of water; place on the heat. As soon as it begins to boil, remove the broccoli. Drain and reserve.
- Heat the oil in a skillet; brown the chicken for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the sauce by combining the basil concentrate, eggs, mustard, half the cheddar and the pine nuts in a bowl.
- Add the pasta, chicken and broccoli.
- Transfer the mixture to a large gratin dish.
- Combine the bread crumbs with the remaining cheese. Sprinkle over the pasta.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is nicely browned.
Hints & Tips