Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Peppers play a special role in Croatian cooking. They're often found in the form of ajvar, a pepper, tomato and eggplant purée that is served with all kinds of dishes.
They are also served stuffed, either with meat, or with sheep's milk cheese as in this recipe.
- Halve and seed the peppers
- Mash the cheese with a fork.
- Blanch the tomatoes for a few seconds in boiling water; refresh in cold water; peel, seed and dice.
- Sweat the shallots in 1 tbsp. oil in a skillet. Add the garlic and sauté a moment longer.
- Pit and chop the olives.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the filling; stuff the peppers.
- Grease a baking dish with olive oil; place the stuffed peppers in it and cook in a 200° C (400° F) oven for about 30 minutes or until tender.
Hints & Tips