Perch fillets in mache and lime velouté Recipe
Flavors of Switzerland
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
For 4 servings
- 1 lime
- 24 perch fillets
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 20 g (4 tsp.) clarified butter
- 20 g (4 tsp.) cold butter
- 2 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- black pepper and fleur de sel
- 100 ml (6 Tbsp.) fish stock
- 100 ml (6 Tbsp.) white wine
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 white mushroom, chopped
- 50 g (2 oz.) mâche (lamb's lettuce), chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- lime juice
- Peel one half of the lime, removing all the white pith; dice the perch fillets.
- Marinate the perch fillets in the cream with a squeeze of lime; set aside.
- Reduce the white wine and fish stock by half with the shallot, mushroom and some coarsely cracked black pepper; add the mache and purée.
- Emulsify with olive oil, season with fleur de sel and a squeeze of lime juice.
Cooking the fish
- Preheat a non-stick skillet and roast the perch fillets in the clarified butter, flesh side down. Turn them and finish cooking with the cold butter. Remove the fillets and set aside.
- Add the diced lime and parsley to the skillet; foam the cooking butter and pour over the perch fillets.
- Serve the perch fillets with a little butter and the lime garnish.
- Serve with the mache sauce.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips