Pesto Rosso with Fresh Tomatoes Recipe
Flavors of Italy
Total time: less than 15 minutes
This is not a traditional pesto, but rather a variation that contains no cheese (perfect for those with cheese allergies). It's fresh, summery and delicious!
Try it as an hors d'oeuvre, spread on toasted baguette rounds, instead of bruschetta.
- 200 g (7 oz.) fresh firm tomatoes
- 10 sundried tomatoes in oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) pine nuts
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Plunge the whole tomatoes into boiling water for about 2 minutes; drain and cool to lukewarm.
- Peel the tomatoes and remove the stem end. Chop coarsely and set aside.
- Drain the sundried tomatoes and chop. Peel the garlic. Wash the basil and remove the stems.
- Place all the ingredients except the oil in the bowl of a food processor; process first to grind all the ingredients.
- Gradually add the olive oil while continuing to blend on high speed.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips