Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 75 minutes
1. Cut the pork into large cubes. Peel and quarter the pineapple, remove the core and cut the flesh into 5 mm thick slices. Cut the eggplant into large sticks.
2. Bring the tamarind pulp to a boil with a little water and strain it, collecting the juice. Remove the basil leaves from the stems.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the pork and curry paste. Once it is lightly browned, add the pineapple, tamarind pulp and fish sauce.
4. Add a small glass of water, cover and cook for 1 hour at very low heat.
5. Add the eggplant and continue cooking 10 minutes longer.
6. Add the coconut milk, bring to a boil for an instant and correct the seasoning to taste.
7. Sprinkle with Thai basil and serve.
Photo and collaboration: Agir pour le Cambodge
Hints & Tips