Pork Country-Style Ribs with Asian Plum Sauce Recipe
Total time: more than 2 hoursPreparation time: 5 minutes
Marinating time: 12 hours
Grill temperature: 160-180° C (325-350° F)
Cooking time: 1 1/2 hours + 1 hour resting time
*To grill with indirect heat, bank hot coals on one side or in a ring around the perimeter of the fire grate.
For gas grills, pre-heat and then turn off any burners directly below where the food will go.
Place ribs on the grill so they are not directly over any coals or gas burners and close grill hood.
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 1 1/2 to 2 kg (3-4 lb.) country-style Pork ribs
- 250 ml (1 cup) plum jam
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) green onions, finely chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- Grill ribs over indirect* medium (about 180°C. / 350° F.) heat for 1 hour.
- Combine sauce ingredients in mini-chopper or food processor. Process until nearl smooth; reserve half of sauce to serve with finished ribs.
- Brush remaining sauce on ribs; grill for an additional 30 minutes, until ribs are tender and meat pulls from the bone.
- Heat reserved sauce and serve with ribs.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips