Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
If you happen to be on Mahé Island in the Seychelles, be sure to climb the steep path to the Jardin du Roy to sample Micheline Georges' original version of this dish.
A few minutes before the end of the cooking time, add a handful of peas. And to accompany this dish, serve some rice. It's delicious.
- In a large pot, heat the oil and sauté the onions.
- Add the curry powder and saffron. Mix well over low heat so as not to alter the flavor of the spices.
- Add the pork, seasoned with salt and pepper. Sear on both sides, then add a little boiling water.
- Reduce and add a little more boiling water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, then add the garlic, ginger and curry leaves. Combine well.
- Add the cubed potato. Cover and cook 15-20 minutes longer until the sauce thickens and the meat and potatoes are completely cooked. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve very hot.
Collaboration: Air Seychelles
This recipe for pork curry was presented and prepared by Micheline Georges and Patrick Salomé, chef at the Jardin du Roi, Domaine de l'Enfoncement, Anse Royale, Mahé, Seychelles.
Photos : Jean-Paul Krebs.
Hints & Tips