Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
The sweet mild taste of California grapefruit wonderfully enhances the flavors of the pork.
- Cook the cubed sweet potatoes in boiling salted water; add the thyme and cook 20 minutes.
- Peel the grapefruit, removing all the white pith, and separate the sections.
- Melt the sugar over very low heat, stirring often, until caramelized.
- Add the wine, grapefruit sections and lemon juice and simmer for 2 minutes uncovered. The fruit should darken lightly and the syrup thicken.
- Brown the pork chops in a little oil for 5-6 minutes on each side.
Serve the pork chops with the caramelized grapefruit and the mashed sweet potato.
Photo:: Laurent Rouvrais /CIV
Hints & Tips