Prep. time: 10 minutes
Marinating time: Overnight
Cooking time: 25 minutes
(1) If you don't have sour orange juice, substitute the juice of an orange and the juice of a lime.
To get the most juice from a lime, put it in the microwave for a minute on high power. Then simply make a hole in the bottom and squeeze out the juice.
- Cut the pork into large cubes, leaving the rind on.
- Squeeze the limes and reserve the juice for the marinade. Use the squeezed limes to rub and wash the meat.
- Chop the onions, garlic, bell pepper and chili.
- Make the marinade by combining the lime juice, orange juice, thyme, cloves, salt and pepper with the chopped onions, garlic, bell pepper and chili.
- Marinate the pork overnight.
- Transfer the pork and the marinade to a Dutch oven. Cook over low heat for 20-25 minutes, adding a little water if necessary.
- Drain the pork cubes, then fry in oil.
Hints & Tips