Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Serve with a green salad to add a fresh note.
This recipe allows you to make individual potato cakes or one larger one.
To reduce the cooking time by half, use potatoes that have been half-cooked in boiling water and cooled.
- Peel and grate the potatoes. Season with salt and nutmeg.
- Into an oiled skillet, place half the grated potatoes and let brown over low heat until golden.
- Place some thin slices of Bresse bleu in the centre of the potato cake.
- Cover with the remaining grated potatoes, and turn the cake over by sliding it out onto a plate.
- Cook the other side until golden.
- Unmold onto a pie plate and finish cooking in the oven for 10 minutes at 180° C (350° F); cut into equal portions and serve.
This dish can be paired with various wines; choose the one that suits the meat that will accompany it.
Hints & Tips