Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Authentic Sardalaise potatoes are not boiled before being pan-cooked. The taste, and particularly the texture, are very different.
You can, however, add some sautéed ceps at the last minute.
This makes a perfect side dish to duck confit or grilled red meat.
- Peel and wash the potatoes and slice into fairly thick rounds. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat the fat in a large heavy skillet. Sauté the potatoes in the hot fat over high heat, turning constantly until browned on all sides.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the minced garlic or shallots and chopped parsley.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes over medium heat, turning occasionally.
- The potatoes should be golden, not dry, crispy outside and soft inside.
Hints & Tips