Little Pound Cake Train Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Decorate the train according to your imagination - give it your own personal touch. A perfect cake for a children's party - even if it's not a birthday.
For 10 servings
- 1 all-butter pound cake (500 g/1 lb.)
- 500 ml (2 cups) liquid chocolate glaze
- 1 container of chocolate sprinkles
- multi-colored sugar sprinkles
- 1 filled licorice stick + 6 multicolored licorice squares
- 2 round candies for the headlights
- 10 round hard caramels for the wheels
- 8 wooden picks
- Cut the crust off the pound cake to create an even rectangle, then cut into 5 equal parts.
For the front of the train (2 parts)
- Cut one part in 2 from top to bottom.
- Using 2 wooden picks, join one short piece to one long to form the front of the train.
- Place the remaining short piece on top to form the engineer's cabin.
- Coat the cake with a thick layer of chocolate, using a knife, brush or spatula.
The cars (3 parts)
- Then assemble the 3 cars with picks, placing a candy (licorice square, for example) between them on each side.
- Place a piece of licorice in the front of the train as a smokestack.
- Apply 2 little round candies as headlights.
- Stick five round caramels on each side of the train for wheels.
- Sprinkle everything with chocolate sprinkles; you can add the colored sprinkles on the top.
- If it's a birthday part, add the candles.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2021. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips