Prawn and Mango Salad Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2-3 minutes
For 4 servings
- 12 uncooked prawns
- 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 mango
- 4 small new white onions
- 250 g (8 oz.) baby greens
- 1 fresh green chili
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, 4 cm thick
- 1 unsprayed lime
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 50 ml (3 Tbsp.) water
- salt and pepper
- Peel the prawns, leaving the tail on. Cut off the head, make a cut just before the tail and remove the black vein by pulling it from the head end.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a non-stick pan. Sauté the prawns with the brown sugar over high heat, one minute per side, until seared and pink, but no longer. Cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing: wash, stem, split, seed and chop the green chili. Peel the ginger and cut into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Wash the lime, finely grate the zest and squeeze the juice.
- Purée the chili and ginger with the remaining oil, lime juice, hot water, salt and pepper. Mix in the lime zest and set aside.
- Peel and dice the mango. Peel and thinly slice the onions. Wash and dry the salad greens.
- Combine the salad greens, sliced onion and diced mango in a bowl. Place the prawns on top, then drizzle with the dressing. Keep cold until serving time.
Serve chilled after tossing well.
A little extra: save the cooking juice from the prawns and add it to the dressing for extra flavor.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips