Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: Under 30 minutes
The Cannes Festival always coincides with the asparagus season. Elizabeth Taylor, a habituée of the Martinez, always asks Christian Willer to make her favorite dish when she comes through, a first course that combines wonderful spring flavours in a delicate chervil sabayon.
- In a casserole, heat the butter and oil,
- sauté the asparagus, the pork pieces, the shallot and garlic until golden; add the morels; season;
- let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes depending on the size of the asparagus;
- meanwhile, cook the peas separately in salted water.
Making the Sabayon
- In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk the egg yolks with the chicken broth until the mixture increases in volume and becomes frothy; add the chervil;
- arrange the asparagus and the sabayon attractively on plates;
- spoon the cooking liquid from the vegetables over the asparagus.
Hints & Tips