California Prune Energy Balls Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Cooking time: None
For 15 to 20 energy balls
- 250 ml / 1 cup ready-to-eat California prunes
- 60 ml / 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. smooth nut butter
- desiccated coconut
- Place the nuts in the food processor and blitz for a moment.
- Add the other ingredients, save for the coconut oil and desiccated coconut, and blend well, until smooth.
- Add a small amount of coconut oil, a few drops at a time, until the mixture is sticky, and holds its shape when you roll a small amount between your fingers.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball, and continue until all the mixture is used.
- Place a handful of desiccated coconut onto a plate and roll the balls in it, to coat, if using.
- If you’re in a cold climate, they set right away but a tip is to place in the freezer for about 45 minutes to set, and then store in an air-tight container in the fridge. They will keep for up to a week.
More recipe ideas
Photo and recipe: Courtesy of California Prunes
Hints & Tips