Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Courtesy of Chef Scott Peacock, Watershed Restaurant, Decatur, Ga.
Any variety of winter squash, such as acorn or butternut, can be substituted for the pumpkin in this autumn-inspired dish.
- Heat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Peel, seed the pumpkin and cut in 1-inch cubes ; put on rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer.
- Bake 20 minutes or until edges just begin to color and pieces become tender.
- Shake pan gently to test for pumpkin sticking; release any pieces with a flat spatula.
- Sprinkle the pecans, garlic, and sage leaves over pumpkin and toss gently. Roast 7 minutes longer and serve.
Serve with a roast poultry.
Calories: 208; protein: 2g ; carbs: 12g ; saturated fat: 1g ; monounsaturated fat: 12g ; polyunsaturated fat: 3g ; cholesterol: 0mg ; fiber: 4g ; sodium: 135mg.
Hints & Tips