Prep. time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: About 30 minutes
This recipe uses “giraumon,” the Creole name for a variety of West Indian pumpkin. You could, however, use a different variety of pumpkin, depending on availability.
- Peel the pumpkin. Remove the seeds and filaments. Dice the flesh.
- Place the diced pumpkin into a saucepan. Add the 1.5 liters of orange juice.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the cumin and cook covered for about 20 minutes.
- Purée the soup in a blender with the cream. Correct the seasoning.
- Poach the eggs in boiling water.
- Ladle the soup into 4 bowls. Place a poached egg in the center of each one.
With thanks to La Varangue Restaurant in St. François and the Hôtel Meridien La Cocoteraie in Guadeloupe
Hints & Tips