Pumpkin Soup with Turmeric Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutesPreparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Charles Gilles says, "Fall is the season for game and squash. Pumpkin can be prepared in both sweet and savory recipes. Use the hollowed out shell as a serving tureen."
- 700 g (1 1/2 lb.) European Pumpkin
- 250 g (9 oz.) crème fraîche
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) onion
- 50 g (3 tbsp.) butter
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 10 g (1 tbsp.) Turmeric
- Wash the pumpkin; peel and cut into cubes.
- Sweat the chopped onion in butter; add the diced pumpkin and cook a few minutes longer; add the milk, salt and pepper; sprinkle with turmeric.
- Cook everything gently for about 20 minutes.
- Liquefy in a blender, add the cream and reheat.
- Serve hot with croutons. Decorate with a drizzle of cream.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips