Pumpkin Velouté with Chicken Broth Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Make a larger quantity of this soup and freeze it in an airtight container. For a more refined touch, add a splash of cream.
For 6 servings
- 1.5 kg (3 lb.) pumpkin
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 pots of Knorr homestyle chicken stock or 900 ml (4 cups) homemade broth
- Freshly ground pepper
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion. Peel the pumpkin and cut into large pieces.
- Sauté the onion and pumpkin in olive oil in a large pot for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground ginger and pepper. Add 900 ml (4 cups) water and the 2 pots Knorr homestyle chicken stock.
- Remove the pot from the heat and purée the mixture until smooth.
- Grate in some nutmeg, correct the seasoning and serve immediately with thin slices of toasted baguette and a few sprigs of chervil.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips