Cooking time: About 2 hours
- In a skillet, sear the rabbit legs until nicely colored.
- In an ovenproof casserole, combine all the ingredients (including the rabbit legs) and bring to a boil.
- Cover the casserole and place into a 150° C (300° F) oven for 90 minutes.
- Remove the rabbit legs and keep hot. Remove the aromatic garnish, reserving only the braising liquid.
- On the stovetop, reduce the liquid to a quarter.
- Add the cream and reduce by half.
- Add the mustard and correct the seasoning.
- Add the chives at the last minute.
- Place a leg on each plate and spoon the sauce over top.
Serve with mashed potatoes with Oka cheese, carrots and green vegetables.
Chinon Clos des Marronniers 2006, France (red wine)
A recipe from Chef Daren Bergeron of Decca77 Restaurant. After 15 years experience in the restaurant industry, including stints at Le Mitoyen in Laval, Lumière in Vancouver, and Daniel Langlois' private club restaurant, 357C in Old Montreal, Daren Bergeron is now executive chef at Decca77 in downtown Montreal. 1077, Rue Drummond (IBM tower corner). 514 934-1077
Hints & Tips