Cooking time: About 10 minutes
* Colombo spices
A mild yellow Caribbean spice blend made up of curry, coriander, bay, fennel seeds and chili, ground or powdered.
* Examples of root vegetables
Carrot, parsnip, salsify, beet, celeriac, turnip, rutabaga.
- Season the rabbit cubes lightly with salt and pepper before cooking.
- In a skillet, heat the butter until foamy; add the rabbit cubes and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the shallots, garlic, ginger and curry (or colombo) powder.
- Cook for 1 minute longer, deglaze with white wine and reduce by half.
- Add the chicken stock and cream. Reduce for 3-4 minutes to the desired consistency. Correct the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve with root vegetables* and a rice pilaf.
Gewurtztraminer Hugel Alsace 2008, France (white wine)
A recipe from Chef Alexandre Loiseau of Bistro Cocagne
After 16 years in the restaurant industry, including several years at Toqué!, Alexandre is now co-owner of Bistro Cocagne, 3842, Rue Saint-Denis, Montréal. 514 286-0700.
Hints & Tips