Prep. time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).
2. In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
3. Blend in the eggs, one at a time, then the sour cream.
4. In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt). Incorporate the dry ingredients into the butter mixture (step 3), being careful not to overmix.
5. Line muffin tins with paper liners; fill one-third full with batter.
6. Place a small spoonful of raspberry jam in the centre; top with batter so that the moulds are three-quarters full.
7. Bake for about 18-20 minutes - the cupcakes are done when a toothpick or the tip of a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool the cupcakes.
1. Beat an egg white to stiff peaks.
2. Slowly mix in the icing sugar; add the rose water.
3. Ice the top of each cupcake with frosting, using a knife or a piping bag.
4. Decorate with a few rose petals or fresh raspberries.
Hints & Tips