Rice Pilaf Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Rice pilaf is a culinary classic. It's also the starting point for a wide range of possibilities. Simply change the cooking liquid or add a finely chopped ingredient to create a different dish.
For 4 servings
- 250 ml (1 cup) raw long-grain rice
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) hot liquid - broth or water
- 1/2 onion
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- salt and white pepper
- Chop the onion finely.
- In a large pot, melt the butter. Add the onion and sweat over medium heat until it turns translucent without browning.
- Sprinkle in the rice and cook until lightly colored - combine the rice with the butter so that all the grains are well coated.
- Add the water or broth. Bring to a boil.
- Cover. At this point, there are two schools of thought: let the rice swell over low heat for 20 minutes, or place the pot into a 180° C (350° F) oven for 25 minutes.
- The rice is ready when there is no liquid remaining in the pot and the grains detach easily from one another. The cooking is perfect and the flavor is excellent.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2020. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips