Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1H00 to 1H30
Cooling time: 30 minutes
Roasted beets make a great fall side dish. Although bunch beets are normally smaller than storage beets, they still vary in size so cook time will depend on how large they are.
Spoon remaining herb spread onto a piece of plastic wrap. Roll up into a log; store in freezer for future use.
This compound butter is delicious over seafood, grilled steak or steamed vegetables.
- In bowl, stir together butter, garlic, chives and tarragon until combined ; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Remove stems and leaves. Scrub beets and place in shallow baking dish. Toss with oil and salt ; cover tightly with foil.
- Bake in centre of oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until beets are tender. Remove foil; set aside until cool enough to handle but still warm. Using fingers, gently remove skins from beets. Cut each beet into 6 or 8 wedges.
- Place beet wedges in bowl. Add 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the herb butter to warm beets; toss until butter is melted. Transfer to serving platter. Serve immediately.
- Spoon remaining herb spread onto a piece of plastic wrap. Roll up into a log; store in freezer for future use.
Photo and collaboration : President Choice. Do you have your PC Plus Card
Hints & Tips