Planter's Punch Recipe
Flavors of Martinique
Planter's punch, known worldwide, is the English, or perhaps Americanized, version found everywhere, whether you order it in a bar in New York, Paris or Singapore. Here's the version enjoyed in Martinique.
For 1 drink
- 1 part white rum
- 1 part aged rum
- Pineapple juice
- Orange juice
- A dash of Angostura bitters
- Replace the orange juice with mango and guava juice
- Sugar cane syrup
- Grated nutmeg
- Pour the white rum, fruit juices and angostura bitters into a highball glass or tumbler filled with ice.
- Sitr and add the aged rum last.
- Pour the white rum, fruit juices, angostura bitters and cane syrup into a highball glass or tumbler filled with ice.
- Stir and add the aged rum last along with a grating of nutmeg.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips