Rustic Honey Polenta Cake Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutesPreheat oven to 170° C (325° F)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 25 to 30 minutes
Garnish with whipped cream and skinless orange segments, if desired.
Ingredients for 12 servings
- 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) yellow Cornmeal
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 250 ml (1 cup) melted butter
- 435 ml (1 3/4 cups) milk
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) golden Honey
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) honey
- 3 tbsp. orange juice concentrate
- 1 tbsp. grated orange zest
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, milk, honey and eggs; mix well. Stir into the flour mixture, mixing until just blended. Pour into a lightly greased 13 x 9" baking pan.
- Bake at 170° C (325° F) for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Meanwhile prepare the honey-orange syrup.
- When the cake is done, remove from the oven to a wire rack. Pour the hot syrup evenly over the top of the cake, spreading if necessary to cover entire surface. Cool completely. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and orange segments, if desired.
To make honey-orange syrup
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the honey, orange juice concentrate and freshly grated orange peel.
- Heat over medium-high heat until the mixture begins to boil; remove from the heat.
Thanks to the
for their kind collaboration
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips