Couscous Salad with Apples and Goat Cheese Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
You could replace the goat cheese with camembert or blue cheese.
For 4 servings
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) couscous
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 200 g (7 oz.) bacon, in small pieces
- 1 fresh goat cheese, cut into round slices
- 4 Tbsp. liquid honey
- 50 g (2 oz.) ground almonds
- 1 package of mesclun salad
- 2 apples
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Salt, pepper, chives
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Prepare the couscous according to package directions. Cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).
- Cut the peppers into slices.
- Sauté the onion, bacon bits and peppers in a skillet.
- Peel and slice the apples.
- Brush the rounds of goat cheese with honey and coat them with the ground almonds. Place in the oven to brown for 5 minutes.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl.
- In a bowl or on a platter, combine the salad greens, couscous, apple, dressing and onion mixture.
- Place the goat cheese on top.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips