Maple-Flavored Atlantic Salmon Tartar Recipe
Prep. time: 20 minutes
Marinating time: 1 hour
Cooking time: None
(1) It's sometimes hard to find maple vinegar, but you can make your own maple-flavored vinegar by using a mild white wine vinegar and adding a few drops of maple syrup to taste.
For 4 servings
- 250 g / 1/2 lb. fresh Atlantic salmon fillet, skinless
- 1 French shallot, finely chopped
- 250 ml / 1 cup grape seed oil or canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple vinegar (1)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper
- parsley, chives, flowers (pansies, nasturtiums)
- Cut the salmon into small dice and place in a bowl.
- Add the shallot, a pinch of fleur de sel and two grinds of pepper and mix gently.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over the salmon.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Serve in your choice of a plate, small glass or coupe with your preferred garnish.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips